Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Botanical Garden



Fall is non-committally arriving in the city. This is the bi-polar life of living in the city... leave home in the morning with a warm, cozy coat, then leave it in the office in the afternoon on your way home because it is so very warm and sunny outside. However, the leaves are already starting to change colors and collect in corners, which I love.

So we took advantage of the last warmer weekends to head over to the Chicago Botanical Garden and I, of course, played with some more camera settings. I also messed with Picasa to edit the final product finishing. Regardless of the pictures I took, I had a great day away from my stressors and with my wonderful husband!

It was a very peaceful day, as the grounds are HUGE! You can choose to be around others, or you can turn right and get away from the whole world. They even have a trail that leads to the middle of an "island", where you just turn around and go right back out!

However, while this was a great time, I have to tell you that the highlight of my weekend was on Sunday night... Ryan found a viewing party for the season premiere of "Desperate Housewives" at Harry Caray's on Navy Pier. This was no ORDINARY viewing party though... it was hosted by James Denton, who plays Mike Delfino on the show. We actually walked up and got a table in the main room and I got my picture taken with James. He was incredibly generous to all the guests and was a super-nice guy. He must have thanked us for coming at least 10 times, which seemed so unnecessary, since he took pictures with anyone who wanted it--he's the star, after all! He shared some insider information about the show with us and gave away autographed items throughout the night. THEN he opened up the floor for questions and seemed to be really honest with his answers. I love it when I meet famous people who are actually great people too!

No comments:

Post a Comment