Monday, October 25, 2010

Long Time, No Type

Hello blog!

I've missed you... some. I mean, not a ton, but I've definitely thought about you. A few times. Well, I'm still sorry.

It has been a busy time for us in the city! We have tried to get in several "last nice weather" days before they become extinct for the season. And we have had some VERY nice days.

Here are the highlights from the past couple of weeks, in pro - con format (for my parli-pro friends):
  • Pro: My husband got a great job at the Illinois Institute of Technology!
  • Con: Our laptop 100% died. Gone with the wind... and hard drive.
  • Pro: We celebrated our 2 year anniversary with an amazing dinner on the 95th floor restaurant in the Hancock Tower, the Signature Room.
  • Con: We've been spending a lot of money.
  • Pro: We've been spending a lot of money.
  • Con: We're really busy.
  • Pro: We're totally joining the 21st century. Those of you who know us know what this means... just a couple more days until you can text us without the collection agency calling you.
  • Con: We're going to be like cavemen for about 2 weeks with these phones.
  • Pro: We got rid of our home phone, but upgraded our cable. Net: PROFIT of $6. YES!
  • Con: None
  • Pro: We get to commute to work on the train together every morning. Much more entertaining.
  • Con: None
  • Pro: Life is simply amazing.
  • Pro-Con is closed.

We have discovered some lovely little gems in our area, but I'm getting an itch... Since the husband got a job on the southern side of Downtown, he is currently commuting 45 minutes to work each day, each way. My planner (my dominant side) is already considering what our next move will look like... in June. I do, however, feel like we can start branching out and learning about neighborhoods which might be a compromise time-wise and NO compromise happiness-wise.

We also visited my in-laws two weekends ago and took some pictures of covered bridges at a "festival" held in Indiana. This festival consists of riding into a town, past all the yard sales and rummage sales, and acquiring a map of trails in which you can drive to find several bridges. The bridges themselves are cool, and the festival was fun (I haven't found one I didn't like); however, I didn't know what I was expecting--it wasn't really this, though. I really liked the ability to take pictures of subjects I don't ordinarily find... I don't think I have any pictures of covered bridges, so I experimented with a couple of approaches. Once I am able to post the video, I hope you like them.

Finally, we have one last piece of fun news: WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD FOR CHRISTMAS THIS YEAR!! On our anniversary, I booked tickets to celebrate the wonderful end to our long and challenging year we weathered together. We've never been together, so I look forward to some fun, but also the ability to partake in the nightlife while there... the last time I went, I was on a band trip (judge if you willl... I still went to Disney World). Any suggestions for "must sees" or "don't bothers"??

1 comment:

  1. Where are you staying? Email me if you would like some ideas. I know my way around very well. xoxo

    ReplyDelete