Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day 2010



Today, we decided to take a trip to the Garfield Park Conservatory to let me play with my camera some more. I like the ability to experiment and learn from the settings--sometimes I have to take a picture the wrong way to learn how I prefer the picture taken. I appreciate that the instructor of my PhotoSafari class showed me how the "Info" button on my camera shows me exactly how I set everything for each photo. This gives me the opportunity to learn what I could improve for the next shot.

Anyway, we took the Red Line to the Green Line and got off right beside the Conservatory. It was HUGE! The building is divided up by types of plants, so we ventured through several rooms before coming to the outside garden, which was fantastic in its own right. After going back into the building, we came upon another outside garden area, complete with a lily pond, mini-vegetable garden, and labyrinth.


We spent about three hours walking through the facility, and I'm certain we'll be back. The day was overcast, but just perfect in terms of temperature. It was a wonderful, relaxing, inspiring day for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment