Sunday, September 5, 2010

November and December 2009


I took up residence in Chicago the weekend before Thanksgiving, so I was still getting my bearings. December was more interesting, as I learned the Lincoln Park area, where we lived temporarily. We found great ticket prices for the Blue Man Group, and found out that the theater they perform in is two train stops from our home.

We had our first guests, both of our parents and one of my best friends from back home in Georgia. While we had our company here, we visited the Field Museum, the Sears (Willis) Tower and Navy Pier for New Year's Eve fireworks. We wound up walking almost four and a half miles to get to the Pier (on accident) in the December 31 temperatures. Lesson learned.

I have also learned that, no matter how certain you are of where you're going, you should learn another train or bus stop nearby, just in case you get "temporarily mislocated". This helps considerably more if you know the streets and intersections for which you're aiming. Again: lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment